Listen to the OpinioNation Crew January 2nd 2013 Podcast for our take on the Best of 2012.
Here’s a recap of mine below.
Best Political Stories of 2012
1. From Benjamin Netanyahu’s side by side Press conference with Obama in 2011 to his speech at the UN regarding the redline gives me hope that someplace, somewhere people still know what it means to lead with moral clarity.
2. The fact that Marco Rubio exists and may proceed unopposed based on the past 2 days of news. Overall the GOP Bench vs Benghgazi Hillary and Joe “Chains” Biden are quite a promising match up for conservatives.
3. Paul Ryan Hey Girl Meme provided some comic relief and eye candy to console us while we inexorably lost to the Obama Machine and his merry band of low information voters.
Worst Political Stories of 2012
1. Youtube videos cause terrorist attack on 9/11 in Benghazi. White House pushes false narrative and even doubles down at the UN on the youtube premise and takes a nice attack at free speech with this one “The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam” Who would do that? ..
2. The Fiscal Cliff Story. I imagine the house GOP felt like Han Solo in the Millennium Falcon realizing “That’s no Moon” You were taxed if you do or taxed if you don’t. It was a mobius strip of hell being trapped in this new cycle.
3. OWS: A product of a higher education bubble that liberals continue to push. Meanwhile they keep churning out sociology, womyn’s studies and other crap that qualifies you to own a Che shirt and work in a hipster coffee shop with 200K in debt. Meanwhile you can’t even spell correctly on a protest sign. Yeah America! Thank you public schools for generating tons of people who need a college degree to learn what they used to learn in High School.
Best Non-Political Stories
1. Jersey Shore is cancelled
2. Will and Kate’s Royal Baby
3. London Olympics: Always good to see that someplace somewhere, participating is not enough. We still reward winning and are even so cruel as to rank them. I’m sure this will end soon.
Worst Non-Political Stories
1. The Brits salute to nationalized healthcare in the London Olympics opener. I didn’t predict that the end of European Civilization would be choreographed.
2. Anything to do with Russell Brand. I think one could look too long at the man and contract a STD
3. Honey Boo Boo Fever Strikes America filling the embarrassing vacuum previously occupied by the Jersey Shore.
Best Person of the Year
1. Scott Walker
2. Glen Dougherty and Tyrone Woods the two former seals who defended the Benghazi compound
3. Andrew Breitbart
Worst Person of the Year
1. Sandra Fluke Reproductive Panhandler
2. John Roberts: Obamacare Ruling. Americans can now be forced to buy a private sector product by the federal government via taxation.
3. Eric Holder: Fast and Furious, Voter Id, Black Panthers case and who knows what else that isn’t being covered. A disaster of an AG and toxic for this country’s race relations. How’s that for a “bold conversation on race”
Best Song of the Year
1. “We are Young” by Fun
2. “Hey Ho” by the Lumineers:
3. “Baddest Man Alive” The Black Keys
1. Best/Worst Song of the year “Call Me Maybe” Annoying yes, but super catchy and owned a large part of the year.
2. Most music by Maroon 5 especially when Darren Cris makes it sound a hundred times better on Glee
3. Chris Brown “Don’t Judge Me” because too late jerk.
1. Batman Dark Knight Rises
2. Sky Fall
· Interesting that Superhero movies are one of the last places Hollywood will still allow a hero’s journey to occur and a discussion of good and evil. I think that’s why they are so successful when done right.
· Skyfall went back to basics. I like the Bond reboot and backstory evolution. There was some beautiful cinematography in the Shanghai assassination scene and overall well done from start to finish.
1. Guilt Trip: I have not seen this movie but I would rather be water boarded than watch Seth Rogan and Barbra Streisand in anything together.
2. Red Dawn Reboot – North Korea can’t even launch a satellite
3. Taken 2 because they missed a huge opportunity in calling it Retaken.
4. Tinker Tailor Soldier Snore because I felt asleep 3 times trying to watch it.